This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: New setup.exe release candidate - please test
- From: "Alexey N. Solofnenko" <A dot Solofnenko at mdl dot com>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 09:51:33 -0800
- Subject: Re: New setup.exe release candidate - please test
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
I usually install everything, but always have to unselect two source
only packages (setup and gcc-testsuite). Is it possible to remember that
they are already installed and not to offer to reinstall them every time?
Max Bowsher wrote:
- Repair the broken detection of wrongly-sized package files.
- Fix setup keeping open handles to every tarball it installs during a
- Fix a miscellany of error-reporting deficiencies.
- Close stdin, to protect against rogue postinstall scripts attempting to
wait for user input.
Also, this release appears in my testing to fix the hang when a new
install-everything setup is attempted, as side-effect of other bugfixes.
Please test - if no regressions are discovered in the next few days,
it will be promoted to the release version, accessible from the
cygwin.com main page.