This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: X Freezes at Startup
- From: Alexander Gottwald <alexander dot gottwald at s1999 dot tu-chemnitz dot de>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com, Derek Buitenhuis <daemon404 at gmail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 11:49:45 +0100 (MET)
- Subject: Re: X Freezes at Startup
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On Tue, 28 Dec 2004, Derek Buitenhuis wrote:
> Ok, I read in teh FAq that the problem is ZoneAlarm. I do not have,
> and have never had ZoneAlarm. I tohught ti might be Windows Firewall
> (I use Windows XP Home SP2), but even after i disabled it, it still
> froze. What is the problem and how do i fix it?
There has been a report some days ago. But since I can't reproduce it
there is litte chance to get this fixed.
You could try Xming (http://wiki.freedesktop.org/wiki/Xming). It uses
nearly the same codebase as XWin but uses windows sockets directly.
Maybe this solves the network problems.
BTW: have you checked if /tmp is mounted in textmode? This used to give
similar symptoms. The error should have been fixed for some time now but
maybe it's a regression.
http://www.gotti.org ICQ: 126018723