This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
New setup.exe snapshot - please test
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 12:24:33 -0000
- Subject: New setup.exe snapshot - please test
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Fix setup keeping open handles to every tarball it installs during a run.
(Which appears to have been indirectly responsible for the weird hangs
people have been experiencing.)
- Fix a miscellany of error-reporting deficiencies.
- Close stdin, to protect against rogue postinstall scripts attempting to
wait for user input.
Please test - if no regressions are discovered in the next few days, it will
be promoted to the release version, accessible from the cygwin.com main
This is almost identical to the previous snapshot, except that the rather
aggressive reporting of wrong sized files (as unhandled exceptions!) in the
previous snapshot has been reverted on the release branch. (A better fix
will be forthcoming on trunk.)
(Particularly observant people will observe that the version number has
actually gone down since the last snapshot - when it became clear that I
would need to make a branch, I chose the most appropriate branch point,
excluding a couple of code reorganizations that were in the last snapshot.)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html