Re: keyhook is not letting win key or alt-tab in

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005, Nachiketa Sahoo wrote:

> This email is just a reminder for "ago".
>
> The keyhook option should let the keys like win, alt-tab and menu into
> the X session, to the x apps. But, it's not happening.
>
> I am using 6.8.1.0-8 version of Xwin. And I started the XWin using the
> following command from the cygwin bash prompt.
>
> XWin.exe -multiwindow -clipboard -keyhook &
>
> Checked the key strokes with xev
>
> Win is not going through, the start menu pops up :P
> Alt+tab doesn't go through, alt makes xev dump some symbols, but, tab
> doesn't do anything.
> menu surprisingly works. I mean sends some event in, xev dumps something :P

Current status is:

keyhook dos not work properly in multiwindow mode and does only work for alt-tab.
I'm not sure why the windows keys are disabled but I think it is because of a
problem with proper integeration into the modifier mask.

I hope the first problem is not too hard. But the windows keys may require a lot
of work.

bye
	ago
--