X -broadcast

Hi,

Have been using "X -broadcast" to connect to a XDM server on my network for
months now.  However, when another user of cygwin tries, it doesn't work.
I've tested it on a couple different XP machines, each with Cygwin installed
for ALL USERS.

I can resolve this problem by removing the "/tmp/XWin.log" file manually.  It
seems that this file is written by the last person to successfully start an X
Window, and the permissions are 644.

Maybe if the file was written 664, or a different file was written for each
$LOGNAME, this problem might go away.

Here is what I've come up with that works for me: a "startx" script to start X:

# startx
rm -f /tmp/XWin.log

  if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
    echo "File could not be deleted"
    exit
  fi

X -broadcast > /dev/null 2>&1 &

I'd be grateful for thoughts on a better solution.