Re: XWin hangs

kumarchi@comcast.net wrote:

> My xwin hangs after the following line
>
> Using preset keyboard for  ....
> Rules = ..
>
> - Then I find there are 2 XWin processes and one xterm process.
>
> after killing the the one XWin process
> I get thsi
> <EE> Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre=XKB key map

This is a clear sign that the program which creates the keyboard description
does not work properly. You can switch this off with the -kb switch for XWin.

> ..
>
> then xterm opens. behaves weirdly
> winClipboard complains it cannot open display

does xterm still behave weirdly if you add the -kb option to the XWin
commandline? How does it behave? Maybe there are other programs which interfere
with the normal way windows handles network connections like other firewall
software or VPN software.

bye
        ago
NP: Diary of Dreams - Mask of Shame