This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: Cygwin/X server displays nothing, sh.exe hangs
- From: luke dot kendall at cisra dot canon dot com dot au
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Mark Allen <mark_p_allen85 at hotmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 18:12:27 +1100 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Cygwin/X server displays nothing, sh.exe hangs
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On 27 Dec, Mark Allen wrote:
> sh.exe sits on close to 100% cpu usage until I kill it manually, and nothing
> is displayed on the x server (command line version seems to work, but is
> missing several basic commands like ssh for some reason).
> I've looked through the mailing lsit & seen zonealarm can be a culprit for
> these kind of symptoms, I do not have zonealarm installed, the only similar
> program is the mcafee security center & privacy service (which I cannot
> disable). I don't know if these cause the same issues as zonealarm.
We see that and worse if there is another X server already running on
the system - in fact it tends to force a reboot. (Xwin32, IIRC.)
Yes, I know you should not run two X servers. It only happens by user