Re: resolution smaller than application

I run the file startxwin.bat. The coomand I run is the following:

run XWin :0  -screen 0 1024x768@1  -scrollbars -query %REMOTE_HOST%
-nodecoration -lesspointer -clipboard

My current WindowsXp screen resolution is 1024x768 .

Mordechai

Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu>
24/01/2005 18:26
Please respond to cygwin-xfree

        To:     Mordechai Pniel/AME/CNTR/APPLIED MATERIALS@AMAT
        cc:     cygwin@cygwin.com, cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
        Subject:        Re: resolution smaller than application

Wrong list, redirecting...  Please remove <cygwin at cygwin dot com> from
any follow-ups.

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, mpniel wrote:

> My Windows Xp resolution is smaller than the real Xwindows application
> resolution that i am running.
> So i get only a section of the Xwindows screen application.
> Is it possible to get all the real Xwindows screen on my Windows XP? or
at
> least to pan with the mouse in order to see the hidden parts of the big
> screen? or to scale the real Xwindows size to my WIndows Xp size?

How are you invoking XWin?  Do you use the startxwin.sh script?  If so,
XWin is invoked in multi-window mode, which uses the Windows screen as the
X screen.  Try invoking XWin directly, and giving it the -screen parameter
(see the man page for instructions on specifying the screen size), and
-scrollbars to allow resizing/scrolling.
HTH,
                 Igor
--

http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_ pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
Meow!

"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT