problem with xterm

Hi,

First, I've been running cygwin for a couple years on my XP machine with
no problems.    I have startxwin.bat startup with windows.  Then a
couple weeks ago, my xterm window stops opening (though X is still
starting fine).  I can open xterm from the command line fine.

So I start looking into the startxwin.bat file.  By editing the run
xterm command I can get it to open up an xterm....it turns out that one
of the switches is causing a problem...-sb.

So I keep the same default run xterm command, as long as I take out the
sb switch.  If I put that switch in, then the xterm window won't ever
appear.  Again let me say that one day after a couple years it just
stopped working.  I made no changes that I remember but obviously
something must have changed.  I tried reinstalling cygwin with no luck.

Any suggestions?  Much appreciated,

matt