eclipse 3.0.1 input problem

hello,
i have installed cygwin-xfree on my windows xp laptop
successfully i think.  at least i am able to ssh to a
remote linux host and run xemacs.  i see the xemacs
window frame appear on my laptop and i am able to edit
files.  the xemacs application accepts both mouse and
keyboard input.

problem:  when i launch eclipse on the same linux host
I get the familiar eclipse logo appear in a window on
my laptop and then a dialog box appears asking me to
select my workspace.  at this point the eclipse
application is hung.  the dialog box will not accept
any mouse or keyboard input and i am forced to abandon
the application.  the dialog box appears to be a motif
window.

anyone notice this problem before?  I searched around
on the web and can't seem to find a similar problem.

thanks
--mike

--

The information contained in this email along with all attachments is confidential and is not to be shared without my permission and prior knowledge of who will be viewing it's contents including all attachments.

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!