RE: bad installation ?

Hi, John-

Since I myself have no idea why it is outputting that
message, no I cannot suggest a better message. And I
notice that when I did a fresh installation of cygwin
and cygwin/x on a brand new system yesterday, now I am
getting that message too. Do _you_ have any idea why
fresh installations did not used to output this
message, but now they do? Is it a new message, or did
something change in cygwin or cygwin/x, such that the
group now gets initialized to 'mkpasswd' (and did not
get so initialized before)?

--- "Morrison, John" <John.Morrison@uk.experian.com>
wrote:

> As maintainer of the package which outputs that
> message I'm
> always glad to hear of ways to improve it.  Can you
> suggest
> a better message?
>
> J.

And now I can add, I _know_ I did not set it to that,
yet now I get the message too, when starting up the
bash shell.

[snip]