RE: bad installation ?

--On 10 March 2005 20:14 +0000 John Morrison (Cygwin) wrote:

Basically adding your user (using the domain flag if
appropriate) to the passwd and group files which is
what the message attempts to help the user to do.  It
appears (judging from the number of times this
question isn't now appearing on the lists) to have
worked for most people, but I'm always looking for
perfection ;)

Hope this helps explain things,

My system is not in the same domain as my login id, and I suspect that may make a difference. One of the problems with saying "if appropriate" is that it assumes that the reader knows when it is appropriate, but if they did, they would probably not need to ask the question.