Post: font 'fixed', umount: permission denied, cannot perform FAQ fix AND mkpasswd/mkgroup solution not working

First time user.  Have tried FAQ solutions and scoured mailing list
archives.

So far: Did initial install, re-installed xorg-x11-fnts and associated
packages from FAQ.  /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts and /misc are full of zipped
files.  Having mkpasswd/mk group rebuilt problem, and Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'.  Here are my command entries

Your group is currently "mkpasswd".  This indicates that
the /etc/passwd (and possibly /etc/group) files should be rebuilt.
See the man pages for mkpasswd and mkgroup then, for example, run
mkpasswd -l [-d] > /etc/passwd
mkgroup  -l [-d] > /etc/group
Note that the -d switch is necessary for domain users.

jag18@K41469 ~
$ mkpasswd -l > /etc/passwd

jag18@K41469 ~
$ mkgroup -l > /etc/group

jag18@K41469 ~
$exit

Re-opening Cygwin... (note it was already recognizing my unique username and
group)

Your group is currently "mkpasswd".  This indicates that
the /etc/passwd (and possibly /etc/group) files should be rebuilt.
See the man pages for mkpasswd and mkgroup then, for example, run
mkpasswd -l [-d] > /etc/passwd
mkgroup  -l [-d] > /etc/group
Note that the -d switch is necessary for domain users.

jag18@K41469 ~
$ mount
C:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
C:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
C:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
c: on /cygdrive/c type user (binmode,noumount)
d: on /cygdrive/d type user (binmode,noumount)
f: on /cygdrive/f type user (binmode,noumount)
g: on /cygdrive/g type user (binmode,noumount)
i: on /cygdrive/i type user (binmode,noumount)
p: on /cygdrive/p type user (binmode,noumount)

jag18@K41469 ~
$ umount /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts
umount: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts: Permission denied

Attached is the command prompt input/output when I try to run x -multiwindow
and the associated error log.

I am on a multi-user PC, company server, without administrator priveledges.

Jessica Gomez
757-380-3429