Re: XWin minimal installation

Juan José Gutiérrez de Quevedo Pérez wrote:
This might be of interest to some people in the list, so there it goes.

I've just finished making a small distribution of X/Cygwin (only 2Mb),
and have placed it in the following address:
http://www.iteisa.com/xmins/
(xmins-->XWin Minimal Installation)

Ooohhhh aahhhh!

I'm wondering if this can be used to create a bundled application package
and hence install script for apps dependent on Cygwin/X11??? That would be
very nice indeed!

The application I have in mind is Scribus. Which we finally have a nice
recipe for installing version 1.2.1 via Cygwin at:
http://wiki.scribus.net/Installing_Scribus_on_Win32

But I know it could become even more accessible to an even wider audience
if we could create a fairly small bundled installer type of package. My
first initial tests came out way to large in size do to all the many files
that were included but didn't need to be. :)

Excellent work!