fatal error in running startx (after installing KDE)

Hi

I got this message and unable to get my KDE loaded:

$startx
+ test -f /home/darwin/.kde_mountchecked
+ IPC_PID=3948
+ ipc_daemon2
+ client_opt=
+ server_opt=
+ xinit /opt/kde3/bin/startkde -- usr/X11R6/bin/XWin :0 -noreset -ac -nowinkill

Wlcome to the XWin X Server
Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
Release: 6.8.2.0-1

Contact: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com

XWin was started with the following command line:

/usr/X11R6/bin/XWin :0 -noreset -ac -nowinkill

Fatal server error:
CAnnot open log file "/tmp/XWin.log"
$
winDeinitMultiWindowWM - Noting shutdown in progress
giving up
xinit: Connection refused (errno 111): unable to connect to X server
xinit: No such process (errno 3): Server error.
+ kill -15 3948

I have to add that i installed my Cygwin and KDE3 on Windows XP under admin login
The strange thing (at least for me) is that the KDE can run when I log in as admin
but when I login using another login user name, the KDE won't work

any help/clue is welcome
thanx in advance (at least for reading this email)

darwin

-- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/