starting xterm from tcsh, gives error message: missing }.

I am using tcsh in cygwin and every time I start a new xterm from an existing xterm/tcsh window I get the error message 'missing }.'
I recently updated my cygwin so everything should be current. But see attached cygcheck -s -v -r output.

I figured out the the problem comes from the file:

/etc/profile.d/00xorg-x11-base.csh

The line
  eval "/bin/echo ${PATH} | /bin/grep -q /usr/X11R6/bin"
is the problem.

After trying a lot of things, I solved the problem by changing the line to
  eval "/bin/echo \${PATH} | /bin/grep -q /usr/X11R6/bin"

The eval statement now seems to works as expected. The syntax does seem strange to me though. I had expected that \$${PATH} might solve the problem, but not so. Only \${PATH} worked. I am no csh scripting expert though. Is \${PATH} the correct behaviour for tcsh? Is the bug in tcsh or in the /etc/profile.d/00xorg-x11-base.csh file?

Can some look into this and officially confirm that this is a bug and that
this is the proper solution/fix?

  Bengt Svensson
  University Of Minnesota