Re: downgrade a 5-button- to a 3-button-mouse

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Hermann-Josef Beckers wrote:

> We are running a propietary application on a tablet pc  (windows XP
> Tablet-PC-Edition).. Most
> everything works, but there is a small glitch: For handling reasons some
> (function-)keys
> are combined into a small panel. Clicking the keys with the pen has no
> effect. Entering these
> keys with the virtual keyboard or a real attached keyboard works.
>
> From the support-line:
> "This application DGK5 supports the configuration of a 3-button-mouse
> only. In Cygwin is a
> 5-button-mouse configured. You have to configure the Cygwin-X-server in
> such a way,
> that a 3-button-mouse is recognized."
>
> HOW?
> A Xfree-conf-file isn't used in Cygwin (AFAIK). "-emulate3buttons" has no
> effect, as it works
> the other way up (3 buttons on a 2-button-mouse).

Cygwin/X will use a 3button mouse by default and ask windows how many additional
buttons the mouse supports. I'm have no idea how these special function keys are
supposed to work, but functions keys which depend on a mouse setting are broken
in my opinion.

You may check with xev if the keys are somehow recognized in Cygwin/X nevertheless.

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de