Re: application failed to initialize properly

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 04:30:59PM -0700, Alec Stanculescu wrote:
>We had two applications that used to work under Cygwin on XP.  The hard
>disk broke down. We reinstalled XP and downloaded the latest version of
>Cygwin on April 14th. After rebuilding the two applications the first
>one works OK but the second one results in the following  error message:
>
>"this application failed to initialize properly (oxcooooo22). Click on
>OK to terminate the application."
>
>This error occurs before reaching the main of the application. Has
>anyone encounter a similar problem? Any suggestion as to how to get more
>info on what is happening is highly appreciated.
>
>Many thanks for your help,

  chmod -R a+x your-application.exe

  or even

  chmod -R a+x /bin /usr/X11R6/bin /usr/bin /sbin

may help.

In any event, unless these are X programs this doesn't seem like it has
anything to do with cygwin/x.  If that is the case, please use the main
cygwin list for future inquiries.

cgf