Re: Problems with arrow keys and delete

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, Mika Lindman wrote:

In Cygwin arrow keys and delete work fine, but in Cygwin/X I just get 2A, 2B etc. codes when pressing these keys. When I start X Server ( xwin -indirect <ip> ), arrow keys work in "shifted mode", meaning that when I move with arrow keys in app (OOo or whatever), it selects text at the same time.

xterm would send the 2's (or other digits depending on modifiers). That's configurable (setting the vt220 keyboard with the control left mouse menu is the quickest way to change it).

The latter part of your comment regarding selection is unclear - sounds as if your application expects some other escape sequence to be sent than
\E[A or \E[2A.

I use finnish keyboard layout, and it gets detected properly and all the finnish special characters work fine.

-- Thomas E. Dickey http://invisible-island.net ftp://invisible-island.net