Re: Problems with arrow keys and delete

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, Alexander Gottwald wrote:

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, Thomas Dickey wrote:

iirc, NumLock would simply prevent the key from being recognized.

The description above hints that the application doesn't expect to
see the "2" which is sent to denote that the shift-key is pressed.

Ah, yes. I noticed similar behaviour with fvwm and desktop switching on shift-alt-arrow_key which did not work if numlock was switched on. It then produced just 4C in xterm (2C with shift, 3C with alt).

I'm not sure what would make the "ESC [" lost.

Just checking here, if I set NumLock (and am using cygwin), I don't see xterm lose that information. With xterm #198 (which shouldn't be different - this code is not that recent), I'm seeing things like

ESC [ 1 ; 2 A

whether or not NumLock is set.

--
Thomas E. Dickey