Re: Problem with running remote Linux Java GUI

I also had some problems with certain programs (not necessarily with java). And find a simple solution which I do not know it works:

If you are using ssh with X11 forwarding for connections, maybe -Y (instead of -X) may work for you.

-L.

Ming George wrote:

Hi friends,

I use Cygwin/X to run remote X window programs. It
works perfect for normal Linux X applications; but not
for any Java GUI. In a Cygwin xterm, when I run a Java
GUI in a remote linux machine, I only get an empty
window which does not show all the interface elements,
e.g., button, menu, and others.

In the mail achieve, I found some one posted the
similar issues when executing a Java GUI in a remote
Solaris system. But the solution is not applicable to
my case. Does any one meet the same problem, or have
any clue about it?

Thanks

George