Re: Cannot connect to a Sun server using xterm

Hi,

When I enter in the PC window:
ssh -Y userid@sun-host
I get a request for password, and I am logged into the Sun host.

Then I start the graphical application in the Sun host, and I get the following error message:
X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

So I checked the DISPLAY variable, and as it was set to 'localhost:10.0', I changed it to 'a.b.c.d:10.0', and restarted the application in the Sun host.
A while later, I got the following error message:
*** OI_init: Error, cannot connect to X server
ntc: couldn't open a connection to a X server

ntc is the name of the graphical application. As far as I understand, ntc cannot connect to a X server.

Any hints ?

Regards,

Marek