To: "jose isaias cabrera" <jicman@cinops.xerox.com>
Cc: <cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com>; <dickey@his.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 07, 2005 8:15 PM
Subject: Re: Bold Double Strike vs. Bold different color

On Sat, May 07, 2005 at 07:43:59PM -0400, jose isaias cabrera wrote:

Here is my XWin call from startxwin.bat:
run XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -emulate3buttons -silent-dup-error

Here is my xterm call:

xterm -geometry 80x60 -sl 5000 -bg black -fg grey -fbb -fb font2 -display
127.0.0.1:0.0 -e /usr/bin/bash -l

Well - referring to "xterm -h":

   -/+bdc                       turn off/on display of bold as color
   -/+pc                        turn on/off PC-style bold colors

and "man xterm":

(options)
+bdc Set the vt100 resource colorBDMode to TRUE, enabling the dis-
play of characters with bold attribute as color rather than
bold

-pc This option enables the PC-style use of bold colors (see bold-
Colors resource).

(resources)
colorBD (class ColorBD)
This specifies the color to use to display bold characters if
the ``colorBDMode'' resource is enabled. The default is
``XtDefaultForeground.''

colorBDMode (class ColorAttrMode)
Specifies whether characters with the bold attribute should be
displayed in color or as bold characters. Note that setting
colorMode off disables all colors, including bold. The default
is ``false.''

veryBoldColors (class VeryBoldColors)
Specifies whether to combine video attributes with colors spec-
ified by colorBD, colorBL and colorUL. The resource value is
the sum of values for each attribute: 2 for underline, 4 for
bold and 8 for blink. The default is ``0.''

you might try something like

xterm +bdc \
-xrm '*VT100.veryBoldColors:4' \
-xrm '*VT100.colorBD:red' \