Getting multiple lines "Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0xAdress)!" when runnning startx

> On Thu, 12 May 2005, Vincenzo Daniele wrote:
>
>> I can not detect any network trouble or I don´t know the kind of network trouble you mean.
>> Still I can connect to the web and to other servers via ssh or rsh. Tools like any webbrowser or putty do work.
>> Do I overlook something here?

>Google says it may be a threading problem too. What applications are you running?
>
> bye
>	ago
> --
>  Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
>  http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723

I´m running some IE 6 explorers and outlook (for the company takes it as a standard, not because it´s my favorite :-) ), MS-Office pakets like Excel and word, putty (as a very poor alternative for cygwin), acrobat reader, total commander, a virus scanner,  a printserver.
These things were also running before my beloved cygwin died in so many unexpecetd async replies.

Only one thing changed (as I mentioned before): An upgrade (or patch or hotfix, whatever they call it) of windows occurred so I had to reboot my computer.
Troubles were beginning since then. Still I don´t know what thing exactly has been installed.

Does it look like this is no coincidence?

If it turns out to be that origin of the problem, how can I find out, what fix has lately been installed?
How should I  go on?

Thank you,

V. Daniele