Re: redirecting sound

Varka writes about esd:

> I have installed it and used it, it's not very complicated at all.  If
> you have any trouble getting it to work I'd be more than happy to give
> you a hand.
>
> For some reason, it causes XMMS to lockup when I try to use ESD, but
> everything else seemed to work OK.

Thanks Varka, can you tell me how to set it up?

Last night I tried running

esd -tcp -public

from my cygwin session on the win2k laptop and then
setting the environment variable

export ESPEAKER=<ip of my windows box>:16001

on my freebsd box but when I tried to play music on
xmms and rhythmbox the sound still came out of the
speakers on the freebsd box.

--
Chris Conn
http://storm.cadcam.iupui.edu/~cmcgoat