Re: startx hangs in sh.exe when initializing german keyboard

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005, Othmar Marti wrote:

> Hello
>
> and thanks for the hint.
>
> It did not work. I am not using Zonelabs, I am using McAfee. remounting
> /tmp did not work either.

Mayn personal firewalls and virus scanners alter the behaviour of the windows
sockets. Because of the difficulty of the fork emulation the cygwin library
relies on the standard bahaviour of the windows TCP/IP stack and may fail
if it is changed unless someon who notices such problems starts to track the
problem down.

> Playing around I discovered that setxkbmap.exe hangs with the same
> symptoms. The task manager shows sh.exe with 99% activity over minutes
> (until you stop it)

If you don't need a non-us keyboard layout, you can disable the XKB extension
and xkbcomp by adding the -kb parameter to the XWin commandline.

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de