Re: cyg/lib DLL naming

>> > This is an old library from the XFree86-dll-compat package and the
>> > package is only required by program which have not been updated to the
>> > naming structure which is used for over year now.
>>
>> Thanks for the response. I am glad that cyg prefix is planned to be used
>> everywhere. However, can you give me some hints when will be the package
>> or the DLL probably removed?
>
> Why do you care?  It's a *compatibility* library, there for *old*
> executables. If you link with freetype now, the new DLLs should be used
> automatically.

I think, you are missing the point. This compatibility library breaks the
compatibility with non-cygwin world (see the previous discussion). Therefore,
I was asking, WHY is it prefixed lib* and not cyg* and WHEN will it be
removed to get this bug fixed.

Anyway, I know, that it may take some time to get the things happen.
I should probably consider some nasty workarounds.

John