Annoying problem with startxwin.bat on win98 machine

I recently had to reinstall cygwin and have come across an annoying problem which
I cant seem to solve.

Ive got cygwin all isntalled and running correctly but when I use startxwin.bat
to start up an X server I firstly get an MSDOS window saying that its starting
the server and then I get a second window echoing the various startup commands.
However once the server is fully started this second window doesnt close whilst
the first one does. Is there an easy option to set somewhere so that I can get
both these windows to close. bascially I want the x server running in the
background and only visible - in window terms - when I run a remote command on
one of my linux servers.

Thanks for your help,

Andy