Re: Scrolling Speed

Hello, Gleb.

Try throwing the -C switch on your ssh command.  It compresses the
encrytped stream and will result in a speed boost.  Not much of a boost,
but it should be noticeable.  (In my experience, it's faster than XDMCP
and ssh without -C.)

Other than that, the only thing that can be done to improve X11's
responsiveness is putting both the local and remote hosts on a faster
network.

-ArielMT

--
"The most humbling achievement of the past millennium, I believe, is the
evolution of the simplest form of communication: the written letter.
>From courier to post to telegram to fax to email, each advancement has
made the awesome power of writing more accessible than ever before."
-Ariel Millennium Thornton, Spokesman and Mascot, Thornton 2 Productions