Re: logout from gnome-session over ssh

Hello.

This seems like a bug with ssh.  I get the same thing ssh'ing from Linux
to Linux and from Windows to Linux.  The problem is that the ssh session
won't end until every process started by it ends.  If you're using ssh
as the client command for starting the X server, one workaround is to
log out normally, wait until only the persistent processes are running,
then hit Ctrl+Alt+Backspace to kill the server.

If someone knows the real solution, I'd like to know it too.  What I
present is only a workaround, not a solution.

-ArielMT

--
"The most humbling achievement of the past millennium, I believe, is the
evolution of the simplest form of communication: the written letter.
>From courier to post to telegram to fax to email, each advancement has
made the awesome power of writing more accessible than ever before."
-Ariel Millennium Thornton, Spokesman and Mascot, Thornton 2 Productions