Re: Changing colours of XTerm

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 mrdna@eircom.net wrote:

> Thanks,
>
> It was a problem to do with line endings. I sent my .Xdefaults file to my remote UNIX account and opened it with vim. It looked OK. I opened it with vi and it had ^M appended to each line, so I removed each one and sent the file back to my PC where it worked without errors with Cygwin.

you can handle it in vim too.
Open the file  :e filename
change format  :set fileformat=unix
write changes  :w

> I ran dos2unix on the file on my UNIX account but it seemed to make no difference. dos2unix does not seem to be in my Cygwin installation and I couldn't find it using the download utility, setup.exe.

it is in package cygutils
http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-cat.cgi?file=cygutils%2Fcygutils-1.2.8-1&grep=dos2unix

> Also, should the -g geometry command work with Cygwin? I tried opening an xterm& with -g and something like 600x500 and it restarted my Win98 PC.

Get a decent OS. xterm uses characters instead of pixels for geometry settings. So you
requested a window of size 4800x4000 which was way to much for Win98 to handle.

> Another thing: When I single click with left or right mouse button on an XTerm window Cygwin freezes and has to be Ctrl+Alt+Delled. I can click and drag text to copy it and all, but when I single click the window to remove the highlighting Cygwin will freeze. This happens consistently.

Does this happen too without the -clipboard parameter for XWin?

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de