RE: Cygwin doesn't recognize the Canadian French keyboard

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005, Daniel Landry wrote:

> From /tmp/XWin.log
> (--) winConfigKeyboard - Layout: "00001009" (00001009)
> (EE) Keyboardlayout "Francais (Canada)" (00001009) is unknown
> The XKB layout code is "ca" or "fr_CA"
> From Microsoft Global Dev
<http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/keyboards.aspx>  select
"Canadian French"

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005, Alexander Gottwald wrote:

> I've recently added "ca_enhanced" as French (Canada), but from the french
> group (0000??0c) instead of the english group (0000??09). A few months
> ago I also added "ca" but removed it again since it did not match the
actual
> layout.

> Is there a difference between those two? Which is more correct? ca,
ca_enhanced
> or fr_CA. Judging from a short test ca_enhanced matches the layout from
the
> website best (the key left to 1 produces / instead of # with "ca").

> you can set the layouts with setxkbmap ca_enhanced.

Running setxkbmap with each layouts (ca, fr_CA, ca_enhanced) don't fix the
problem.  In all case, the French accents are replaced by a BEEP and any
character is displayed.  However, I can make a cut and paste from WinXP
without any problem.

Concerning the key mapping, I'm using fr_CA on my Debian at home and it's
working great.  However, as Cygwin run on Windows, I presume that the best
would be to keep the same keyboard mapping that Windows uses.