Re: Initial run of BASH doesn't initialize home directory

Tom Smith schrieb:
With all due respect, Igor, I think you missed my point.

The point is this:

1) I ran the Cygwin "setup.exe" and the Cygwin/X "setup.exe" (a distinction
made by the cygwin.com web site itself) on the same computer.

This distinction is apparently confusing. The two files setup.exe are identical.

2) The Cygwin/X installation gave me grief as mentioned in my initial post.
3) The Cygwin installation gave me no grief and worked perfectly.