Re: KDE Init X client not Communicating with Cygwin X server

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005, Ross MacGillivray wrote:

> As can be seen in the listing above the Cygwin Xserver is opening
> correctly. The  Xserver is visable in the windows XP system tray, but
> there are no KDE windows visable in the Xserver only the grey root
> display.

kde usually starts with startkde. But I don't know how kde works on
cygwin.

> How do I configure my choice of window manager with KDE on Cygwin
> and could that be the problem here?

First you have to start Cygwin/X in windowed mode (remove -multiwindow
from the XWin commandline). Then use the method kde provides.

> Is there a method to get more detailed diagnosic messages from
> the Cygwin Xserver?

Compile it with enabled debug messages.

bye
	ago