Re: Cannot start X, please advice

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, Per Otto Opstad wrote:

> Please see log:
>
> Welcome to the XWin X Server
> Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
> Release: 6.8.2.0-4
>
> Contact: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
>
> XWin was started with the following command line:
>
> /usr/X11R6/bin/XWin_GL -query 10.0.0.62

first: The accelerated opengl server is quite useless without running
in multiwindow mode. Using -query requires a windowed (not multiwindow
mode) so this setup will lead to trouble anyway.

> XDM: too many retransmissions, declaring session dead

> What is wrong? I have tried to reinstall the fonts, and I have checked
> if there is a old .dll file somewhere.

Check the FAQ about XDMCP and -query problems. You can't reach the xdm server
maybe -from <localip> does help

bye
	ago
--