Re: fonts in Cygwin

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005, Klaus Kassner wrote:

> I do get most fonts correctly, including, incidentally, the normal
> Helvetica.  But some of the fonts are not there, in particular
> Helvetica-Narrow.
 Ah, now I see your problem. Doesn't work for me either with
Helvetica-Narrow.

> So I don't get Helvetica-Narrow, nor, I believe ZapfChancery.  In any
> case there are several fonts missing, including Helvetica-Narrow.  Are
> there people out there who have them in their default cygwin
> installation?
 I did some research: The Postscript fonts that Ghostscript uses aren't
normally available to X programs, e.g. Xfig. This causes the error
messages about missing fonts you mentioned.
 You mentioned the Debian package gsfonts-x11. This package solves the
above problem by telling X of the existence of the Ghostscript fonts. I'm
currently working on a similar solution for Cygwin---stay tuned.

Bye,
 Michael

--
Michael Denk                     Fakultät für Mathematik und Informatik
Tel. +49 (0851) 509-3136         Universität Passau, Raum K08 IM (Aquarium)