Translucency Support?

Has anyone been able to get transparent terminal windows working
under Cygwin?  I've been spending lots of time trying to figure
out how to do so, or even if it's possible.  I'm running Cygwin
on Windows XP, and using MRXVT terminal.  I've read that I need
to add entries to my xorg.conf file and compile xcompmgr and
transset.  I have not been able to compile xcompmgr.  Is that
program even necessary?  Is it even possible to get transparent
xterms running under Cygwin on Windows XP?