Re: Starting Xwin - Shell Window Remains

brett lee wrote:
1. C:\cygwin\startxwin.bat exists, and has the following contents:

@echo off

c:
chdir c:\cygwin\bin

bash --login -i /usr/local/bin/myxwin

bash --login -c /usr/local/bin/myxwin

2. /usr/local/bin/myxwin exists, and has the following contents:

#!/usr/bin/bash
#
# Start the Cygwin X server, xwin

echo Starting X server...

# Succeeds, but must kill cygwin bash window manually
nohup xwin -multiwindow -clipboard -emulate3buttons >/dev/null 2>&1 &

xwin -multiwindow -clipboard -emulate3buttons -silent-dup-error &

I don't really know about the "silent-dup-error" but it is in the example
script, so I use it.
I use this very technique so my xwin is launched with environment
variables set the way I want, without maintaining a seperate set of batch
commands, and I don't have a left over window - but there is a residual
process reported.  I presume the parent.

Regards, Doug