Second monitor and screen resolution

Hi all,

I've got a laptop that supports an external monitor. The windows desktop can be extended to that monitor, so I effectively have 2 displays. I'm running my X-server on that second monitor using "-screen 0 @2". Sofar so good.

The second monitor can run in a different resolution than the laptop screen. Eg. my laptop LCD runs at 1024x768, but the external monitor runs at 1280x1024. I can't get the X-server to use the full 1280x1024 however. It seems like it detects the screen resolution of the 1st monitor, and refuses to use a higher resolution than that, despite the fact that the monitor/screen it's actually running on supports a higher resolution.

Any way I can make the X-server use the full 1280x1024 resolution of the external monitor?

Regards, Maarten