RE: Dealing with screen resolution changes?

Coincidentally, I had cygwin/X connecting with our solaris server
and I was playing around with the resolution of second diplay attached
to my XP laptop, just before I read this email.

I was running statistical and graphical software on solaris thrown to
my cygwin wmaker display.

My cygwin/X session went blank and unresponsive. No X windows were
shown but the usual latent images sticking to any hung up XP window.
I had to kill the window using XP task manager.

Whenever I use Reflection/X and I happened to play around with my the
resolution of my laptop, despite Reflection/X warning
"reset X server ... or else ... ",
the X display would still continue to function without any noticeable
defect or degradation without a reset.

If circumstances had me believe in Santa, though I never will,
this issue would be on my wish list to be sent to the North Pole.
[Dear Santa, I would like to have cygwin/x frost-free whenever I
play around with resolution of my laptop.]