Re: Cut/paste stops working after windows in standby mode

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 07:24:51PM +0100, Chris Green wrote:
> I have just started shutting my Windows 2000 box down to standby mode
> rather than doing a full power down.  When I do this it seems that the
> Cygwin cut/paste stops working, i.e. when I try and cut and paste on
> the Linux desktop I'm displaying with Cygwin it simply doesn't cut and
> paste.  It works perfectly again if I shut the win2k system down
> completely and restart it.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas how I might fix this?
>
> I'm using a slightly old version of Cygwin/X at the moment (probably
> about the last xfree version), I'm probably going to try and upgrade
> to the XOrg version very soon.

I have now updated to the latest XOrg version of Cygwin/X, it's
version 6.8.2.0-4 (well it's the latest I got from one of the UK
mirrors).  I still have the disappearing cut/paste bug when I put
Windows 2000 into standby mode.

XWin.exe reports that it's starting XWin with:-
 XWin -query 192.168.13.1 -clipboard -lesspointer -screen 0 1600 1140

So has anyone else seen this problem and/or have any ideas what might
be causing the problem?

--
Chris Green (chris@areti.co.uk)

    "Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence."