Remote login, then nothing happens

Hello,

I'm running cygwin/X on my Windows XP Home box, and am trying to connect to my Linux (Fedora Core 4) box. X runs fine on my windows machine, but I can't seem to get the remote connection working. I've tried ssh -X, ssh -Y, multiple combinations of options for those. All result in the same thing: I'm asked for my password, I enter it, and then... nothing. Nothing else happens. The logs on the linux box indicate that it accepted the ssh session. X Forwarding is enabled in my ssh config file on the linux box. I've read and reread the FAQ and documentation. I see nothing of note in any logs that I can find. Any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks,
Andy