From: cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com
[mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com]On Behalf Of Andy Schmidgall
Sent: Sun, August 28, 2005 11:14 PM
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: Remote login, then nothing happens

Hello,

I'm running cygwin/X on my Windows XP Home box, and am trying to connect
to my Linux (Fedora Core 4) box. X runs fine on my windows machine, but
I can't seem to get the remote connection working. I've tried ssh -X,
ssh -Y, multiple combinations of options for those. All result in the
same thing: I'm asked for my password, I enter it, and then... nothing.
Nothing else happens. The logs on the linux box indicate that it
accepted the ssh session. X Forwarding is enabled in my ssh config file
on the linux box. I've read and reread the FAQ and documentation. I see
nothing of note in any logs that I can find. Any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks,
Andy