RE: Can't display remote clients

Soong, SylokeJ wrote:
> When I first downloaded and installed cygwin
> my ulterior motive was - "if there are free
> complex stuffs like FTP servers, J2EE servers,
> Java IDEs, etc, there must be a free piece of
> software for X/Win on Windows." My ulterior
> was, where I would prove to those charging an
> arm and some toes and yet would not do a proper
> job in what they sell.

when it's all said and done it's pretty simple,
go to www.cygwin.com, run setup to install base packages.  Run setup
again to install X packages.
I think that the pages http://x.cygwin.com/ and www.cygwin.com and
http://cygwin.com/docs.html provide pretty straightforward instructions.

Downloading and Installing

Install
Cygwin/X
now

Cygwin/X is installed via Cygwin's setup.exe and the installation
process is documented in the Cygwin/X User's Guide. Whether or not you
already have Cygwin installed, you can add Cygwin/X to your installation
by downloading the latest setup.exe, running setup, and selecting the
'xorg-x11-base' package from the 'X11' category.

Using Cygwin/X is documented in a step-by-step manner, with lots of
pictures and examples, in the Cygwin/X User's Guide. Please notice,
however, that Cygwin/X contains many general-purpose programs,
libraries, and functions that are part of all X distributions. It is
therefore beyond the scope of the Cygwin/X User's Guide to document all
of these X Window System components. To find documentation, for example,
for setxkbmap one should consult the generic X documentation such as the
SETXKBMAP(1) manual page. You could always, of course, do a Google
search for setxkbmap, which finds the manual page mentioned above.

reid