RE: Basic question 3 - system tray icon

Soong, SylokeJ wrote:
> No. He is telling you how to shut down with a single click
> rather than my right clicking and selecting "Exit". Which is
> answering your question 4.
>
> Also about your question 2, as someone else recommended,
> you should consider running either
> startxwin.bat or startxwin.sh.
> But doing that, whatever you wrote in ~/.xinitrc would
> no longer be effective because either of these startup
> files would not call .xinitrc .
>
> I prefer the bat file because I would need to first
> start cygwin bash in a win/xp cmd window to allow me to
> run the sh file, thereby leaving a win/xp cmd window around
> annoying you more than the X icon would.

this is not an issue -- run setup and download rxvt
configure a shortcut with rxvt exec'ing a bash shell ( passing whatever
params to rxvt and bash that you wish)
  Target:   C:\cygwin\bin\rxvt.exe -fn "lucida console-13-bold" -e
c:\cygwin\bin\bash
use the shortcut to open a bash shell prompt and enter
$ nohup startxwin.sh &

you should then be able to exit the rxvt shell window w/o X dying.

> The bat file is not unix and you might be more familiar
> with it.

reid