Re: Basic question 2 - Copy from Windows and paste to cygwin or X

On 28.09.2005 18:11 UK Time, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

Please provide the exact steps you use to test the clipboard operation,
and any messages or results that make you believe it doesn't work.

Hint: X has multiple selection buffers; the clipboard support synchronizes
what's called "primary selection"; some applications (e.g., Mozilla) use a
different buffer for their selection storage.  It would also help if you
posted /tmp/XWin.log (instead of those screenshots).
	Igor

Hi Igor,

thanks for taking the time to look at my screenshots.

The clipboard may well be working OK - it's just hat I was under the mistaken impression that I could simply copy and paste using the usual Windows shortcuts :-[

Now that "Soong, SylokeJ" has explained the situation I think I might be getting somewhere :-)

Thanks for the tip about /tmp/XWin.log - no doubt it will come in handy.

Regards

Herbert Eppel
--
www.HETranslation.co.uk