3-Button wheel mouse application problem with Cygwin-Xorg

Hi all,

I have difficulties running a specific X application which runs in the Xorg X
server.

The problem is that in some specific areas of this app the right mouse button
click refuses to open the related menu over an object and thus renders the
app unusable with cygwin-xorg. The problem is only in this app - all other
right clicks elsewhere work fine, I think the app is poorly written but
unfortunately it is the most important gui application for my work and I
cannot stop to use it.

The same problem also exists in every Xorg linux installation when using
3-button mouse with scroll enabled. The only workaround so far is to force
the Linux Xorg to think I use 2-button mouse thus losing all the fancy
scrolling and the third button. My guess is that there is some minor
difference between Xorg and Xfree86 Xservers, because the app works fine on
Xfree86 linux boxes OR on Xorg boxes with 2-button mice. Changing the Linux
xorg.conf to this works around the problem:

	Section "InputDevice"
	    Identifier "Mouse0"
	    Driver "mouse"
	    Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
	    Option "Protocol" "ps/2"             <--- config working OK with the app
	  #  Option "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"   <--- this is the old config
	  #  Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
	EndSection

Please, can you help me with advice or other useful information, how can I
force the cygwin Xorg server to think I have 2-button mouse? I looked at all
the options listed in the User manual, especially was interested in
-emulate3buttons (the guess was that Xorg will assume I have 2-button mouse
if I requested this emulation option) but nothing helped.

The other option is if I could install an older cygwin X release using the
Xfree server, it haven't shown problems with the app in linux boxes before
and other X servers (namely Exceed) run well with the problematic app on the
same Windows configuration.

If I summarise my question:

- is there a way to force Xorg in 2-button mouse "mode" config ?
- if not, can I get an older x-cygwin distribution which uses Xfree instead of
Xorg from some site. I didn't manage to find any using google or cygwin site.

Thank you in advance for reading this mail and for helping me!

Pavel Krustev
Bulgaria, Europe