Re: mouse pointer disappearing w/ Thunderbird

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, Rob Siklos wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I don't quite know what to do with this, so I'll just tell you what I'm
> seeing and hopefully you'll be able to tell me what the next steps are.
> I *think* this is a cygwin x bug.
>
> I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird as my e-mail client, and I've noticed that
> if I move the mouse over top of an X window (say, an x-term) during the
> time that the new message notification popus up on my taskbar, my mouse
> pointer will disappear, and won't reappear over any other X window until
> I restart XWin.
>
> Any idea what this could be?

It probably is a Cygwin/X bug -- I've heard it mentioned before.  I don't
think there is a fix, but there *is* a workaround -- the X menu (which you
get by right-clicking on the X icon in the system tray) should have a
"Show Cursor" item, which will make the cursor reappear.
HTH,
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/