Re: Emacs (and xterm) crashing

Hi Robert --

I've always had the same problem.  I assumed that it was my
installation of cygwin and that if I wiped it clean all would be well.
 Glad I read your post before I wasted time doing that.  Dired is the
main culprit for me, too.  I frequently have trouble with M-x grep,
though, too.  Never noticed a problem with xterms, but I don't use
them much.

I get the same error message: "X protocol error: BadIDChoice (invalid
resource ID chosen for this connection) on protocol request 1"

I'd love to get this fixed.  I'm afraid I don't have anytime to look
into it at the moment, but I'm happy to beta test.

 Neil