RE: Is Cygwin/X compatible with HP's mwm?

Did you start cygwin/x xdm and then attempted to run remote host's
mwm on it?

What about going thro xdmcp?

I have always run cygwin/x using both its xdm and xwm on the
same machine.
I have never tried running cygwin/x xdm and then running remote
Solaris or HPUX mwm on it. Is that possible?
Could I also deploy cygwin/x multiwindow and then attempt to throw
remote mwm on it?

Is going thro the remote xdmcp the only way to use remote xwm?

Presuming my terminology is correct:...
xdm - x display mgr to set up the x display
xwm - x win mgr runs on top of xdm,
  to manage the willy nilly remote windows,
  without which those windows will pile up
  on one corner of the local xdm.
mwm - motif based xwm.